"I was looking over the Chicago Park District 2011-2015 Capital Improvement Plan to see what was being planned for our neighborhood. Here's what is listed:
- under Minor Improvements :
- "entrance and washrooms in Montrose Beach comfort station - construction in 2011"
But what I found really interesting was listed on page 17 of the report under Facility Rehabilitation
- Major Rehabilitation:
- "Bridge to the lakefront at Wilson funded by the Chicago Dept. of Transportation
- and Bridge to the lakefront at Lawrence funded by the Chicago Dept. of Transportation
- and underpass renovation at Montrose funded by the CDOT"
I am taking this to mean they are going to be adding pedestrian/bicycle bridges at Wilson and Lawrence. Maybe you could check it out and/or post to see what you and others think."
We're not sure if that means they'll be adding bridges or rehabbing the horrible, decrepit ones we've got, but any money and improvements are very welcome! Anyone know any more about it?