Uptown United is still looking for volunteers to march with them and pass out envelopes filled with coupons and promotional materials from local businesses. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
From Ald. Osterman:
"Next Saturday, February 1st, Argyle Street and the surrounding 48th Ward community will celebrate the Asian Lunar New Year and the year of the "horse!" These festivities will include the annual Argyle Street Parade, which kicks off at 1:00pm sharp, in front of Hip Sing, located at 1121 W. Argyle.
The parade route is as follows:
- Kick off at 1121 W. Argyle, and travel east on Argyle to Sheridan.
- Go south on Sheridan, west side of street only, to Ainslie Street.
- Go west on Ainslie to Broadway.
- Go south on Broadway, east side of street only, to the Broadway Supermarket Shopping Plaza.
- Parade will proceed through the shopping plaza's parking lot and exit onto Broadway.
- Go north on Broadway, east side of the street only, to Argyle Street.
- Go east on Argyle back to 1121 W. Argyle.
Parking restrictions are as follows:
- Argyle St., Broadway to Sheridan, no parking both sides of street, 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Ainslie St., Broadway to Sheridan, no parking on both sides of street, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Sheridan Rd., Argyle to Ainslie, no parking on west side of street only, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Broadway, Gunnison to Argyle, both sides of street, 9:00am - 3:00pm
PLEASE MOVE YOUR VEHICLE FROM THE PARADE ROUTE AT THE ABOVE STREETS & TIMES
C.T.A. buses #36 & #151 will have reroutes starting at approx. 12:30pm through 3:00pm. All bus stops along route will have posted instructions with info on re-routes. Traffic Management Aides (T.M.A.'s) will begin in area starting at 10:00am through 3:00pm
After the parade is over, please stop by one of the many wonderful and delicious restaurants on Argyle, Broadway, and Sheridan and continue to celebrate with a great meal from the Argyle Street area."