We checked and saw several robberies at an Edgewater TCF had been recently reported, but saw nothing about the 4355 N Sheridan store.
Turns out it was robbed, and the FBI says that the man who did it -- Kevin Ross of Evanston -- had been on a one-man crime spree in Uptown, Edgewater and Evanston for the past five months.
He was shot dead by the police just four days later, on December 16th, after robbing a Chase Bank in Evanston for the second time. Since then, the FBI have linked him with bank robberies at
- Chase Bank, 901 Grove Street. Evanston, IL on 9/6/2013. 3:31PM.
- TCF Bank, 5343 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL. 10/2/2013. 5:01PM
- TCF Bank, 5343 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL on 12/5/2013. 4:49PM.
- TCF Bank, 4355 N. Sheridan. Chicago, Il on 12/12/13. 4PM.
- and of course, his fatal return to Evanston's Chase Bank on 12/16/2013
Hard to know what was going on in this guy's mind, as he had a clean record prior to this year, but one thing is clear: he won't be robbing any more TCFs in Edgewater or Uptown. A sad, weird story.