- The Uptown Baptist Church Holistic Health Fair: "Many uninsured residents of Uptown will be introduced to the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace for the very first time on Saturday, October 12 as Uptown Baptist Church (UBC) hosts its annual Holistic Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m at 1011 W. Wilson. Navigators, trained individuals from grantee community organizations, will be available to provide help to attendees as they look for health insurance options through the Marketplace, understand the available resources, and get comfortable with the new eligibility and enrollment process." More information is available here.
- Ald. Cappleman's most recent newsletter says: "Affordable Care Act: Enrollment & Information Sessions. Join our Illinois elected officials to learn about the health insurance exchanges that are being implemented in Illinois. Called "Get Covered Illinois," it will help make health care more affordable. Click here to get more information about "Get Covered Illinois."
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 from 6pm - 8pm with State Rep Greg Harris & State Sen. Heather Steans at Truman College: 1145 W. Wilson
- Thursday, Oct. 17 from 6pm - 8pm with State Rep. Sara Feigenholtz at the 19th District Police Station at 850 W. Addison
- 46th Ward Health Fair. We are again partnering with Weiss Memorial Hospital and the Chicago Department of Public Health to offer free flu vaccinations in preparation for the flu season. We will also be hosting multiple vendors and service providers including opportunities to learn more and enroll in the Illinois Health Insurance Exchange for the Affordable Care Act. We will also be giving away raffle prizes. Thursday, October 17 from 10am - 2pm, Weiss Memorial Hospital at 4646 North Marine Drive."
Friday, October 4, 2013
Affordable Care Act -- Four Upcoming Opportunities To Get Acquainted With It
By Kate Uptown - October 04, 2013