"You've changed the world! To all of our supporters and donors, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts! If you've donated supplies or money to our Fall School Supply Drive, if you've helped us spread the word by sharing our announcements, if you're helping to sort or deliver supplies to schools in the coming days . . . you have changed the world!
How is that possible with such a "small" act? SMALL ACTS HAVE A BIG IMPACT! Here's how donating a box of pencils or a few bucks has made a big difference:
- You've provided necessary school supplies for 46th Ward students so they have the tools to complete their work, in class and outside of class.
- You've shown our 46th Ward students that their community SUPPORTS them and BELIEVES in them. They know they are not alone.
- You've emphasized to our students how important their education is and that it has VALUE and is worth the effort.
- You help our 46th Ward students feel good about themselves when they know they are PREPARED for class and ready to learn.
- You have INSPIRED our students to give back when and if they can. You have proven to them that they, too, can change the world with small acts of kindness. This is the powerful ripple!
- You are telling our 46th Ward teachers that you KNOW they are spending money out of their own pockets to provide supplies for their students and you are showing your support by lessening that burden.
- You are showing our 46th Ward Community that we are stronger when we are united. Whatever issues we face in the 46th Ward, whatever differences, whatever we disagree on, we can come together to show our students we've got their backs. And in the process, we learn we've got each other.
It's not too late to donate! We plan to use donated funds to place orders for extra supplies in the next week or so. These supplies will be sent directly to the schools. You can still donate via Paypal on our website and we'll add your donation to our total.
Current Donors Choose Projects. Our 46th Ward schools have a number of pending projects on DonorsChoose.org. Click on the school name below to see projects for that school.