Until February 18th, any borrowed materials that are overdue (books, DVDs, CDs, whatever) will be accepted without past-due fines. No questions asked. If you've lost the item, you will be responsible only for the replacement cost.
Last time CPL had amnesty, back in 2012:
- 101,301 overdue items, valued at approximately $2 million, were returned
- CPL waived $641,820 worth of fines
- Over 40,000 patrons renewed their Library cards
- Overdue materials ranged from items only a few weeks overdue to one book that had been due in 1934
- Almost every item returned was able to be put back out into circulation within a few days, so that other patrons could check them out.