From Ald. Osterman's email blast today:
"The Argyle Streetscape Project is scheduled to begin on Monday, July 6. The work will include a renovation to the sidewalks, lighting areas, and street from the property line on the north side to the property line on the south side. The tentative outline of the process is as follows:
- Stage 1 is from July 6-October 6, 2015; Broadway to Sheridan, north side of Argyle St.
- Stage 2 is from October 6-November 20, 2015; Broadway to Kenmore, south side of Argyle St.
- Winter Shutdown
- Stage 3/4 Spring 2016; Kenmore to Sheridan and Argyle Street
There will be access to the CTA station and all businesses throughout the project. All pedestrians will be encouraged to use the south side of the street.
- A community meeting will be held at 6:30 pm Tuesday June 30 at Furama Restaurant, 4936 N. Broadway, to show the entire project to the surrounding community and to answer any questions. In attendance will be representatives from CDOT and Speedy Gonzales, the contractor who was awarded this project.
- A meeting for the business community will be held at 2 pm Wednesday July 1 at Hon Kee restaurant, 1064 W. Argyle St.
You may contact my office at 773-784-5277 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. If you would like to join the email list for weekly updates on the project, please send an email to email@example.com.
I urge you to come out and support all of our wonderful Argyle area businesses during construction.
And please be sure to attend the 3rd Annual Argyle Night Market. The Market starts July 9 and will run from 5-9 pm every Thursday through August 27. The Market, featuring farm stands, food vendors, retail goods and live performances, will be on Argyle Street between Kenmore Avenue and Sheridan Road. (Note that the location may change as construction continues.)"
Here's a previous article with lots of links about what will be going on and what to expect.