From Ald. Cappleman:
Thank you for sending your emails and letters over the last few weeks concerning the State Fire Marshall's proposed rule requiring the retroactive installation of fire sprinkler systems in high-rise buildings, newly constructed single family homes, or certain businesses in Illinois. As I have in recent weeks, residents, business owners, property owners and managers all over the 46th Ward have all expressed concerns and asked questions about the proposed mandate.
This is why I, along with Rep. Greg Harris, Rep. Kelly Cassidy, Sen. Heather Steans, Ald. Joe Moore, Ald. Harry Osterman and representatives from the Chicago Fire Department, will be hosting a town hall meeting to help answer questions about this proposed mandate and also discuss the current local fire safety laws and Chicago Life Safety Ordinances. We want to hear your thoughts and opinions. There are a couple of options you have to participate:
Town Hall Meeting Details
- Wednesday July 31, 2013, 6:30 - 7:30 PM
- Attend the meeting in person at *Loyola's Cuneo Hall, 1032 W. Sheridan, Room 109 (Click here for map) *change of venue from my last email
- View the virtual meeting on YouTube by visiting Rep. Kelly Cassidy's YouTube Channel on the evening of the town hall meeting and it will appear as a video.
- If you have a Google account, you can join the Hangout which will allow you to post in the chat box and ask questions live. Fifteen minutes before the start of the event, the link to the hangout will be posted on Representative Harris's website at www.gregharris.org
- If you would like to submit a question beforehand, you can complete the form here with your question.