You may have heard that there's going to be October baseball a few blocks south of Uptown in coming days. Here's how it may affect people who live and park around the Clark/Irving Park area.
Games 1 and 2 (and if necessary, Game 5) of the best-of-five series will be played at Wrigley Field:
- Friday, October 7th – Game begins at 8:15 p.m. – Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 8th – Game begins at 7:08 p.m. Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 13 – If necessary; time to be announced
Parking Restrictions -- Beginning at Noon on Friday, October 7th through Sunday, October 9th at 4am, there will be no parking on:
- Clark – School/Aldine to Irving (Both Sides)
- Irving Park – Clark to Seminary (Both Sides)
- "Expect street closures between Belmont and Irving Park / Halsted to Southport. At the discretion of the Chicago Police and OEMC, arterial streets MAY be closed to ALL vehicular traffic. Please have Photo ID and Proof of Residence available for presentation to either CPD or Traffic Management Personnel. While this may be inconvenient, public safety is of the utmost importance."
- Irving Park between the cemeteries (Seminary to Clark) will be the staging area for Lyft, Uber and limos. Other passenger vehicles will be towed.
- Taxi Loading and Staging will be southbound on the 3300 block of Clark.
- If the Cubs have the possibility of winning the series, whether it happens at home or in San Francisco, there will be additional parking restrictions and closed streets in the areas around the ballpark. While none of those areas are in Uptown, it may affect us as an overflow area, particularly for parking.