There will be much to enjoy:
- Chicago Park District historian and preservationist Julia Bachrach will speak at 12:30pm about the history of Clarendon Park, "Healthy Recreation for the People."
- At 1:30pm, a community photo will be taken to commemorate 100 years of Uptowners enjoying the pleasures Clarendon Park offers.
- There will be live music beginning at 2pm.
- Refreshments and activities for the kids will be readily available.
- Don't miss a chance to see the miniature village created by the Clarendon Garfield Model Railroad Club, with 1400 feet of track and a route that takes trains 25 minutes to circle.
- For more history on Clarendon Park, there's a fun article in DNAinfo that explores its first hundred years.
- Here's to the next 100 years!