Luckily, Uptown is chock full of places to do just that. We've listed them below.
Did we leave someone out? Let us know in the comments.
Red asterisks denote establishments that serve margaritas.
- Cantina 1910,* 5025 N Clark, open for brunch, lunch and dinner. Throw back a couple margaritas during Happy Hour, 5pm-7pm
- Carmela's Taqueria, 1206 W Lawrence
- El Gallo Bravo #5, 1429 W Montrose. In Rayan Plaza, and open until 2am.
- El Palmar,* 1008 W Irving Park. Another late night stand-by.
- Fiesta Mexicana,* 4806 N Broadway
- Fat Cat,* 4840 N Broadway. Featuring fresh squeezed palomas, margaritas and tamale dinners on this special day.
- La Ciudad,* 4515 N Sheridan -- a BYOB, but you can bring your own tequila and they'll whip you up a great pitcher of margaritas. On the wagon? Just order the pitcher.
- Lindo Guadalajara, 4761 N Clark. No booze, but open 24 hours, and very friendly.
- Rique's Cocina Mexicana, 5004 N Sheridan -- Open 4pm-10pm, with a special Cinco de Mayo menu featuring the tastes of Puebla. BYOB.
- Taqueria El Ranchito,* 4651 N Clark, open long hours, cheap food, reasonably priced margaritas, what's not to love?
- Taqueria Mr. Salsa, 1025 W Montrose
- Tiztal Cafe, 4631 N Clark -- no liquor license, but great Mexican food for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Try an oatmeal shake
- Tolotzin Mexican Cuisine,* 4431 N Broadway. Lunch specials 11am-3pm, and delicious dinners. BYOB, so bring your tequila and they'll whip you up some margaritas.