|photo courtesy of CTA|
"Due to repair of the Red Line tracks, beginning 10pm Friday, Dec. 18 through 4am Monday, Dec. 21, northbound trains will run express from the Sheridan L to the Howard L. The stations will remain open at this time. Customers who want to travel northbound (to Howard) from the affected stations need first to travel south to Sheridan and transfer to a northbound (to Howard) train."
Of course, this up-ends the Saturday schedule for the Holiday Train running on the Red Line. Around mid-afternoon on Friday, the CTA issued a revised schedule with photo ops built in since the train is running express:
- Southbound schedule:
- The train will get to Argyle at 12:29; Lawrence at 12:31; Wilson at 12:32; and Sheridan at 12:34.
- The train will get to Argyle at 6:33; Lawrence at 6:35; Wilson at 6:36; and Sheridan at 6:38.
- Northbound schedule:
"Photos with Santa. Get your photo taken with Santa at Linden (Purple Line), Howard (Red Line) and 95th/Dan Ryan (Red Line) on this day.
- The train will get to Sheridan at 3:53. It will make no stops until it reaches Howard at 4:12.
- The train will get to Sheridan at 8:43. It will make no stops until it reaches Howard at 9:02.
- Purple Line at Linden: 4:45pm–5:30pm
- Red Line at Howard: 11:15am-noon
- Red Line at 95th/Dan Ryan: 1:45pm-2:30pm"
The entire day's schedule and information is here, on the CTA website. The Holiday Train will run on the Purple Line on Tuesday (schedule TBA), and that's it for this year in Uptown.