|CTA's rendering of what Broadway and Leland will look like after both sets of tracks have been removed and rebuilt. Look, ma, no pillars in the middle of the street.|
For the first time since 1907, Broadway and Leland will have overhead tracks that don't require support pillars in the middle of the street at Broadway and Leland. If all goes well, word is that the trains will be running on the new tracks by St. Patrick's Day.
To that end, there will be construction work going on continuously between 9pm on Friday, December 18th, and 4am on Monday, December 21st.
- Broadway will be closed to all traffic from Leland to Wilson.
- Clifton will be closed to all traffic at Broadway.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Leland Avenue will be closed from Winthrop to Broadway.
- The sidewalk on the south side of Leland will remain open for pedestrian traffic
- #36 Broadway buses will not operate on Broadway between Lawrence and Wilson.
- There will be some dust/noise while the work is being performed