THE CHANGING FACE OF UPTOWN. Mercy Housing Lakefront and ONE Northside bring Uptown neighbors together for a free breakfast as part of Chicago Community Trust’s “On the Table”
Residents, businesses, nonprofits and government discuss everyday challenges and successes in Uptown. Topics will touch on race, wealth, social status, gentrification, affordable housing, transitional housing, economic stability and rising costs. The gathering is part of the Chicago Community Trust’s “On the Table” centennial celebration.
WHEN: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Alderman James Cappleman (46th Ward)
- Alderman Harry Osterman (48th Ward)
- Mark Angelini, President, Mercy Housing Lakefront
- Keith McCormick, Executive Director at Business Partners, Uptown Chamber of Commerce
- Residents from Harold Washington Apartments (SRO)
Mercy Housing Lakefront is a non-profit affordable housing organization providing innovative housing solutions in response to community needs. We employ development, finance and construction expertise to bring people and properties together in a way that strengthens both.