A reminder that the CTA will be working on the L tracks during the hours between 9pm and 4am from February 9-13 and 16-20. There will be street closures on the 4600 block of Broadway and on Leland between Winthrop and Broadway, as shown in the map the CTA provided, along with detours that are indicated by arrows.
Here is a little more about the project, which has to do with the Wilson Station rehab:
- A couple of pieces of heavy equipment will be used; however, those annoying back-up beeps will be turned off.
- There will be a crew of eight workers the first week and five workers the second week.
- The first week will be the loudest, since they are replacing railroad ties on the track.
- The second week's noise will be minimal, since they are installing cable that week.
- The work will be done in the approximate location of the former Majestic Men's Store, near the NE corner of the intersection.