So, Uptown's helping host a pretty big event on Sunday. It's our third time, so it's getting to be old hat. But some reminders from our previous post with many details, as well as some new information:
No Parking where the floats and groups queue up! If you are parked on these streets between 5AM and 8PM on Sunday, you risk having your ride ticketed and towed. Start looking Saturday for an alternate parking space if you normally park on:
- Montrose Ave. - Greenview Ave. to Hazel St.
- Broadway St. - Leland Ave. to Grace St.
- Sunnyside Ave. - Broadway to North Sheridan Road
- Clifton Ave. - Montrose to Sunnyside
|No Parking Zones|
CTA Service will be affected!
- The Red Line trains will run approximately every five minutes between 9am and 7:30pm.
- Between 8am and 6:30pm, there will be reroutes of these bus lines: #8 Halsted, #22 Clark, #36 Broadway, #76 Diversey, #77 Belmont, #78 Montrose, #80 Irving Park, #151 Sheridan and #152 Addison. Click here for details.
- From Ald. Cappleman: "If you would like to march with me this Sunday, June 29, please email Tressa Feher at email@example.com. Those who march with us will get a 46th Ward T-shirt to wear as they march."
- From Ald. Osterman: "Please join me in celebrating LGBT Pride along with many 48th Ward residents, fellow Chicagoans and visitors from around the USA, as we march in the 2014 Chicago Pride Parade this Sunday, June 29th. The parade begins at approximately 12:00 p.m. Please arrive around 11:30 am. We will be lining up on Broadway between Montrose and Wilson. Our number in the parade is #91. We will be marching with a car (not a float), so please be prepared to walk during the march. Visit http://www.chicagopridecalendar.org/ for more information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP for the march, or if you have any questions or need more information."
Be Uptown Proud! Visit www.uptownproud.org and look for flags that will be given out along the parade route.
List of Parade Entries: All 205 of them. The parade will take approximately 2.5 hours to move from the queuing areas to Montrose and Broadway.