- The Uptown Farmers Market takes place every Thursday at Weiss Hospital, 7am-1pm, in the parking lot at Wilson and Clarendon. This year it begins on June 19th and runs through October 30th. LINK is accepted. The Farmers Market is part of Weiss Hospital's overall "Health For Life" program.
- The Argyle Night Market begins its second year on July 10th and runs through September 4th. It takes place on Argyle between Sheridan and Kenmore on Thursday evenings, 5pm-9pm. Food, entertainment, art, and more. Chicagoist named it as one of the top international markets in Chicago. LINK is accepted.
Taste of Chicago
- The sole Uptown restaurant is Iyanze, which first appeared at Taste in 2010. Their signature Taste dish is bissup -- hybicus sorbet. (As for our neighbors, it's the first appearance at Taste for nearby SpritzBurger, which was started by the same guys who operated Hearty at the same location, 3819 N Broadway. Edgewater's Jin Ju, 5203 N Clark, will make an appearance as a pop-up restaurant.) See all the Taste restaurants here. Abbreviated Taste runs July 9-13.
Movies In The Parks
- Ghostbusters, Friday, June 20th, 9pm at Chase Park, 4701 N Ashland
- Beasts of the Southern Wild, Tuesday, June 24th, 9pm at Buttercup Park, 4901 N Sheridan
- The Wizard of Oz, Wednesday, June 25th, 9pm at Chase Park, 4701 N Ashland. There's a Family Fun Fest before it (6-8pm) that will feature a sing-along of the soundtrack, among other activities.
- The Triplets of Belleville, Monday, July 7th, 8:30pm at Cricket Hill, NE from Montrose/Lake Shore Drive
- Star Trek: Into Darkness, Thursday, July 31st, 9pm at Margate Park Fieldhouse, 4921 N Marine
- True Grit, Monday, August 11th, 8pm at Cricket Hill, NE from Montrose/Lake Shore Drive
Here are the Edgewater Movies in the Park for those who are willing to travel:
- @home, Tuesday, June 3rd, 7pm at Berger Park Cultural Center, 6205 N Sheridan
- Gypsy, Friday, June 27th, 9pm at Kathy Osterman Beach, 5800 N Lake Shore Drive
- The Thin Man, Sunday, August 17th, 8pm at Berger Park Cultural Center, 6205 N Sheridan
The entire Movies In The Park schedule can be seen here.
- DJ in the Park at Wilson Skate Park, June 12th, 5pm-7pm, Wilson Skate Park, NE of Wilson and Lake Shore Drive. A skate/music event featuring DJ Nick.
- Satellite Playlot Music Series (Thursdays 6:30pm-8pm): Performers will play in Uptown's playlots. Audiences are invited to bring their blankets and chairs to sit and watch.
* Gooseberry Playlot (4648 N. Malden): June 26th & July 17th
* Broncho Billy Playlot (4437 N Magnolia): July 10th & July 31st
* Aster Playlot (4639 N. Kenmore): July 3rd & July 24th
- Breakdance in the Park, Saturday, July 5th, 2pm-3:30pm, Clarendon Park
- Tales from Around the World, Tuesday, July 15th, 10am-noon, Chase Park. Chicago DanzTheatre Ensemble performs an interactive theatre and dance performance featuring global folk tales from various cultures.
- Day Camp Party, Friday, August 1st, 3:30pm-7pm, Chase Park. Celebrate the final day of Day Camp 2014 with a festival at Chase. The mysterious magic of The Spellbinder and Mixed Company Band will delight.
- Culture Coach Pop-Up Stage, Sunday, August 16th, 4pm-8pm, Clarendon Park. A 20-foot long pop-up mobile stage returns to Chicago parks with live music from Chicago's greatest bands, fun and hands-on workshops for youth, DJ Ayana spinning your favorite records, and a community drum circle to bring us all together.
- Kidsmobile at Buttercup Park, every Monday and Wednesday, 2pm-4pm, June 23-July 30. Outdoor activities. Teams of two CPD staff visit twice a week to engage 6-12 year olds and their families in arts, reading and creative play.
- Craftmobile, every Wednesday between June 25th and July 30th. For kids 4-12. Children can create unique arts and crafts outdoors when the Chicago Park District drives its Craftmobile into the park. This touring four-wheeled wonder is filled with fun art projects and activities for children. Art instructors will help kids create sidewalk murals, wax-resistant drawings, stained glass window hangings and more. And it's free! All supplies are provided. Gooseberry Park, 12:30pm-1:30pm, and Broncho Billy Playlot, 3:15pm-4:15pm.
- Wheel Jam with CircEsteem, Saturday, August 16th, 6pm-6:30pm, Clarendon Park. The CircEsteem world champion acrobats will perform athletic feats of amazement on the gym wheel and invite the community to try it out for themselves.