Week Six of farm fresh food, Argyle delicacies, unique entertainment and more... all right in the neighborhood. Full list of vendors here.
WHEN: THURSDAY, AUGUST 8, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
WHERE: On Argyle Street, Kenmore to Sheridan (1/2 block east of Red Line)
- It's back to the pig at Sun Wah BBQ. Featured tonight is Sun Wah's signature pork and housebrand Sun Xien tofu fried up on site.
- Cafe Vienna returns to Argyle after visits to the Taste of Chicago and Milwaukee's annual German Fest.
- Karl's Craft Soup will be serving up Broccoli Parmesan Garlic (vegetarian) and Cuban Black Bean (vegan) this week.
Calling All Knitters!!! Stop by the KNIT UP! TONIGHT!! Take part in this fun community art project designed to produce a two-mile long scarf to 'knit together' the Uptown & Edgewater communities. Knit or crochet a scarf for your neighbor! You pick the yarn, color, gauge, and design. Knit it as long as you want or can!
- At 5:30, enjoy the pop-tinged R&B/soul of classically-trained vocalist Carolina Davis. For a sampling of her music, visit her website or Facebook page.
- Afterwards taking the stage at Sheridan & Argyle will be rockers Gavin Watts and Cougar Island.
- Bring your Night Market receipt to Big Chicks just around the corner at 5024 N. Sheridan and receive $1.00 off any bar food entree! Valid same day only.
- Foremost Liquors, 1040 W. Argyle, is holding free samplings from their distributors on Night Market Thursdays from 5-8pm. Stop in and try something new!